Schedule Your Safety & Performance Inspection Annually!
Wisconsin can get a bit chilly, and our fireplaces and stoves get a good workout each winter. But before you light the first fire of the season, think: When was the last time you had your chimney inspected? A safety and performance inspection should be performed by a Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA)-certified chimney professional each and every year, whether you’ve noticed any issues or changes or not. So get your chimney winter-ready with The Chimney Guy! We specialize in safety and performance inspections and can provide you with everything you need to know before the next burn season.
What Is Checked During An Inspection?
There are several things we look for when performing a safety and performance inspection:
- We’ll check for any cracks or deteriorating masonry along the chimney or in the firebox.
- We’ll check for any cracks or deterioration along the chimney crown.
- We’ll check the damper to make sure it’s in good condition and open and closes completely.
- We’ll check the flue for any cracks or holes and ensure that it’s properly sized for the appliance it’s venting.
- We’ll check the flue for any soot buildup, creosote, or blockages.
- We’ll check the chimney cap to make sure it’s properly fitted and keeping water and animals out.
- We’ll check the flashing to make sure it’s properly installed and keeping water out of the home.
- We’ll check for proper clearance from combustibles.
If we’re inspecting a gas fireplace chimney, we’ll also check the pilot light and valves to ensure proper function. Overall, we’re simply taking a good look at every easily accessible component and making sure they are in good condition and functioning the way they should collectively.
Once we’ve completed the inspection, we’ll provide you with a thorough report detailing the areas checked and any findings or suggestions.
Request Your Inspection With A Trusted Technician Today
Don’t wait to have your chimney evaluated – request a safety and performance inspection with a CSIA-certified technician today! Call The Chimney Guy at 920-830-1920 or fill out our online appointment request form and enjoy this winter with peace of mind!