Immediate opening for Fireplace Technician Assistant
Reports to: Production Manager
Summary / Objective
Assists lead technician in service and repair of chimney’s and fireplaces
- Must be able to properly carry, set up and climb on ladders & scaffolding safely
- Must be comfortable with heights and able to safely walk on roofs for up to 10 hours daily
- Must have knowledge of and know how to use common hand tools
- Must have knowledge of and know how to use common power tools
- Must be a team player
- Must be willing to learn from and follow instructions of team leader and other teammates
- Willing to assist teammates with prepping service trucks for the day’s calls
- Willing to assist team mates with cleaning out service trucks at the end of the day
Other duties as assigned
Team Focus / Customer Focus
Problem Solving / Analysis
This position works both in an outdoor environment and within our customer’s homes and businesses both during warm and cold weather and can be expected to work at elevations of up to 75 feet above ground level for extended periods of time in the climate conditions of the day.
This can at times be a physically demanding job
Applicant should be physically fit
No fear of heights; able to work in high places and on steep roofs for up to 10 hours daily
Bending, standing and climbing ladders and scaffolding
Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds as needed (up to 5,000 pounds daily)
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 7:15 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. with 1/2 hour for lunch. Occasional before, after-hours and weekend work may be required as job duties necessitate.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the -area and overnight travel will be expected; primarily for training.
Required Education and Experience: High School diploma or equivalent
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record during the past five years
English language (spoken, written and reading) – customers & staff must clearly understand you
Work Authorization / Security Clearance: Must be a United States Citizen or authorized to work in the United States
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time without notice.